[katello-devel] Foreman-api

Chris Alfonso calfonso at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 12:54:33 UTC 2012

On 28/08/12 10:29 +0100, Dmitri Dolguikh wrote:
>On 27/08/12 01:15 PM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:

>>>+1
>>>[2] is much more readable to me.
>>+1 No more "dynamic" stuff please.
>
>I don't want to get into discussion about code generation. We are
>developing within constraints and using conventions of REST and
>Rails. We should only write code when we are dealing with something
>that doesn't follow conventions, or extends them, instead of
>repeating the obvious.
>
>-d
It wasn't clear to me that some attributes were not allowed on an update
until I read server logs in the traceback either.  I'm going to add the
disallowed attributes to the documentation for the client gem in this case.
Perhaps I should override the update_attributes method to raise an exception
if the developer tries to update a certain attribute.  That might make more
sense.
-Chris