[katello-devel] Demotions and deletions

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 15:10:10 UTC 2012

On 08/28/2012 09:47 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 08:56:23AM -0400, Brad Buckingham wrote:
>> For this one, a couple of solutions might be:
>> 1. Do not allow user to delete a repository.  (Doesn't sound good).
>> 2. Allow the user to delete a repository, deleting it from the
>> Library and all environments that it has been promoted to.  Prior to
>> deletion, in the Deletion Confirmation dialog provide them with
>> additional information  detailing all environments that the
>> Repository will be deleted from.  For example,
>>      Are you sure you want to delete repo ABC?
>>      Warning! This repo currently exists in: Library->Dev->Test and
>> Library->Dev2
>>
> I also like 2, but this is CFSE 1.1 bug. I'd prefer to implement 1 for
> CFSE 1.1 and then we could put number two on our backlogs.

I can't access the bug at the moment, but as a user I would expect to a
certain degree that deleting a repository would delete it across all
environments.  (What good would they be if it didn't?)  I don't think
its technically difficult to do that, so I would shoot for that in CFSE
1.1  IMHO

-Justin