[katello-devel] Katello boostrap

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Wed Feb 15 13:46:26 UTC 2012

On 02/15/2012 08:38 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> So I am done with implementing our bootstrap RPM. Its pushed in the
> "certs" branch. During our puppet installation we generate consumer RPM
> with postinstall script located here:
>
> /var/www/html/pub/candlepin-cert-consumer-<katello_fqdn>-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
>
> It contains:
>
>   * /etc/candlepin/certs/candlepin-local.pem
>   * POST script - modifies configuration of subscription manager
>
> This is how the post installation script look like (puppet template):
>
> http://bit.ly/xS9URd

Couple of things:
1) I think the filename of the cert should be .pem not .crt. Not sure on
that though.
2) There is a plan to change the urls to cfse/sam.
3) Can you do a check on the deployment, and if it is headpin do the
following:

prefix should be /headpin/api not /katello/api (See 2)
baseurl should be https://$KATELLO_SERVER:8088

That way it will work for headpin as well as Katello.

-- bk