[katello-devel] Updating tire gem. Impact to devs....

Brad Buckingham bbuckingham at redhat.com
Wed Feb 29 15:07:07 UTC 2012

Hey Folks,

We have a couple of bugs related to search and supporting things like
queries containing '-'.  In order to address some of those issues, the
plan is to update Katello to use elasticsearch 'text' queries.  A first
step in supporting this is to upgrade the 'tire' gem, which contains the
needed support.  (Thanks to Karel Minarik for committing changes to tire).

I have just pushed changes to the katello and gems repo to support
moving to tire 0.3.13.pre.  Along with this update comes a dependency on
the 'hashr' gem; therefore, that has also been added.

I just initiated a 'testing' build.  Once that is completed, the tire
and hashr gems should be in the repo.  In the meantime, if you pull and
notice an error, it is because I needed to also update Gemfile to ensure
we use the new gem version.  This error should go away once the build is
completed.

Once build is completed, 'bundle install' to get the updated gems.

thanks,
Brad