[katello-devel] Fix for /var/run/elasticsearch disappearing (update elasticsearch)

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Fri Jan 6 19:32:39 UTC 2012

I'd recommend everyone using Fedora 15/16 to upgrade their elastic
search to 0.18.4-7 now available in the katello repo.  This should
enable elasticsearch to start/stop correctly across reboots.

Evidently in F15/16  /var/run is actually located on a tmpfs file system
which is cleared with every reboot, so for fedora, I added a file to
/etc/tmpfs.d/ which creates /var/run/elasticsearch on every boot (this
is the recommended way, and is what things like apache do).

This does not affect RHEL 6.

-Justin