[katello-devel] Katello on 16 core box - concurrency

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 11:40:36 UTC 2012

> just as a followup to this old thread, I just posted a wiki page +
> some code on how to reproduce and test this in a more simple manner
> for future efforts:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/katello-devel/2012-January/msg00042.html

Excellent testing, Mike.

What about to consider the following two options:

 * Configure thin as multi-threaded. There is an option --threaded (Call
   the Rack application in threads) which is marked as experimental.
   It's not documented and it will likely fail, but it maybe worth
   trying.

 * Configure proxy to route all IO blocking request (imports etc) to a
   dedicated thin process. All others would be in a different "group".
   This would be more or less temporary solution.

LZ

 Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
 RHN Satellite Engineering
 Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno