[katello-devel] Candlepin ER diagram, foreign keys in katello db

Martin Bacovsky mbacovsk at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 22:46:19 UTC 2012

Hi,

I wanted better to understand relations among entities in Candlepin and
Katello and I thought ERD would help me.

I created one for Candlepin (preview in here [1]) feel free to use it.

When I tried to do the same for katello DB I found out that the DB does
not have any Foreign keys set at all. I know it is RoR's default, but I
was curious if it is really intentional in Katello project. As I'm
relatively new to RoR I looked for some info. I liked [2] and it seems
there are some projects with bad experience with keeping data integrity
just in Rails.

So I just wanted to know if this is known issue and if it an issue at all.

Cheers,
Martin

[1] http://mbacovsk.fedorapeople.org/candlepin.png
[2]