[katello-devel] Implementing repo (un)binding

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Mon Jan 30 16:44:50 UTC 2012

Hello,

I would like to settle ideas down with this e-mail. But I would be more
than happy for any inputs.

We need to bind or unbind repos if user touches redhat.repo file. There
will be a yum/rhsm agent watching for changes on each client sending
this into Katello:

- basearch
- releasearch
- repository labels of all enabled repos

Katello will need to collect required information and bind/unbind
repositories in pulp.

The issue is repo label in the redhat.repo is different that repoid stored
in pulp. Therefore Katello will need to:

- retrieve product content and product for the given label *
 - we store label as a product content parameter (or variable)
- get products' URL
- according to the URL variables repoid is created
 - variables order and appearance is defined in the URL (with the $vars)
 - values are replaced with those sent from the agent
- collect all the repositories that consumer already bound
- bind repositories that should be bound
- unbind repositories that should not be bound

* - not sure if Candlepin REST API supports search like this one

 Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
 RHN Satellite Engineering
 Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno