[katello-devel] async manifest import

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Wed Jul 4 07:24:13 UTC 2012

Those are really good questions, but I would not them consider blockers.
At least not the second point, which I think is appropriate.
I was also thinking about async import - what happens if user will
continue using Katello. But he already can! I mean, when any web app
hangs showing me a spinner or something, I usually open another tab with
it doing something else. And Katello user can do this too with old
(sync) import.

Before locking anything, I would rather ask - what happens if we don't
lock it and user does something? Did you try it?

We definitely need to do some manual testing scenarios in regard the new
import trying to:

- mangle with repos
- start syncing
- registering and subscribing content
- editing manifests being imported
- ???

Once we find what the issues are, let's talk about how to fix them ;-)

LZ