[katello-devel] UX project: redesign of permissions interface

Tom McKay thomasmckay at redhat.com
Mon Jul 9 20:17:32 UTC 2012

Although the current permissions interface for adding to a role is well crafted, I continually find that it is very difficult to use for my primary two use cases: Seeing what permissions a role has, and setting up the permissions for a new role. Yes, these are probably the two most primary use cases. :)

I keep wishing for some sort of spreadsheet or table view where, at a glance, I can both see and modify the permissions with checkbox toggles. Maybe it's not a single table, but multiple small tables. I'm sure some UX magic can be applied to this notion.

Would it be possible to get some thoughts on this?