[katello-devel] why we have /usr/share/katello/script ?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Jul 18 11:52:44 UTC 2012

Is there some history behind having:
  /usr/share/katello/script
and having symlinks from /usr/bin to files in that directory?

I'm asking because:
# ls -l /usr/bin/katello-debug
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 39 Jul 17 16:01 /usr/bin/katello-debug ->
/usr/share/katello/script/katello-debug
# ls -lZ /usr/share/katello/script/katello-debug
-rwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:usr_t:s0
/usr/share/katello/script/katello-debug

And I would have expect that this script would have bin_t instead of usr_t.
And I could not imagine what is the advantage of having
/usr/share/katello/script/ instead of putting thos file directly into
/usr/bin/?
--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Systems Management Engineering