[katello-devel] Do you want to be a movie star?

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 10:36:10 UTC 2012

Nice, but why 30 fps? That's too much. Five to ten is way enough saving
bandwidth so image is ultra-sharp. Here is my recordmydesktop script
(kudos to Jeff Weiss and google.com):

https://gist.github.com/3142880

The only drawback is it always records whole screen (if you have
multiple monitors then both screens) when using Gnome Shell and other
modern desktops (it has only one screen from the X11 perspective).
So the hack is to uncomment that RESOLUTION variable and set it
properly, so it will only record the first screen (left one in my case).
You need this only if you have multi-monitor setup!

Just run it in an empty folder and file will be recorded and encoded
properly for YouTube. I like this approach very much, it's easy and it
gives the best possible quality.

I have added the link on the page.

LZ