[katello-devel] where to get required katello gems

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Jul 17 14:35:31 UTC 2012

On 17.7.2012 13:46, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> On 07/16/2012 01:00 PM, Miroslav Suchy wrote:
>> On 16.7.2012 17:57, Petr Chalupa wrote:
>>> Not everybody is running on fedora, this affects all debian-based
>>> distributions as well.
>>
>> How many Debian users we have?
>
> None, yet. But, if we only deliver via RPM the ability to get some will
> by close to Italy's score in the finals.

Well it worked with Spacewalk.
And Debian people prefer packages as well.

>> Only developers, like to do "make configure && make && make install".
>> All ordinary users like (and admins managing their machines) like good
>> old packages - be it .rpm or .deb.
>>

> Ruby developers, I bet, hvae a different use case.

Yes, they differ from sysadmins who sometimes verify integrity of their
systems using:
  rpm -V some-rubygem
Tell me how you can do that with bundler?
How you enforce that some file from gem is not overwrite by some other
package or gem?

Mirek