[katello-devel] why we have /usr/share/katello/script ?

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 09:46:42 UTC 2012

> I think there are a few people that use reset-dbs for various lab/demo
> purposes and want to keep it. When I was working on this feature
> independently of you, I learned that and came up with the following
> plan
>
> katello-configure --clean (executes your new functionality)
> katello-configure --reset (executes katello-reset-dbs)
>
> If you don't like the idea of multiple flags, just add your feature
> and DONT remove reset-dbs

Well, katello-configure is fully supported utility used by customers and
users.

While katello-reset-dbs is devel only tool, kind of unsupported script
which we use.

Why whould we make katello-configure to call this unsupported tool?
Additionally, there are no differences between those two. Both results
in reseting all databases and restarting all services.

I don't see any point. What I would recommend is to leave some time for
folks to test katello-configure options and then to remove
katello-reset-dbs OR to modify it so it would call (fully supported)
katello-configure.

I am not getting it, elaborate please.

Btw - I want to give a deep dive today if its time about
katello-configure new options

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine