[katello-devel] Fwd: [foreman-dev] Foreman 1.0 released!

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 12:47:43 UTC 2012

Cross Posting

-- bk

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[foreman-dev] Foreman 1.0 released!
Date: 	Sun, 22 Jul 2012 16:02:06 +0300
From: 	Ohad Levy <ohadlevy at gmail.com>

Hello,

I'm very excited and pleased to share the release of Foreman 1.0

Since the change log is quite extensive, I would simply refer you to the
change log [1] and would highly suggest to read it if you are upgrading.

About Foreman:

Foreman is an opensource management tool, design to help you to manage
your infrastructure.
Foreman takes over provisioning(bare metal, virtual or in the cloud)[2],
interfacing with puppet to configure your servers, and provides an easy
to use UI / API to control and review your server state.

I'm also very happy to see that Foreman users, contributes (thanks
guys!!) and ecosystem is growing, that includes a mobile app [3] and a
CLI that was contributed by our community.

I'm assuming packages would be available shortly.

have fun,
Ohad

[1]
http://theforeman.org/projects/foreman/wiki/ReleaseNotes#Release-Notes-for-10