[katello-devel] Improving Aeolus + Katello integration

Hugh O. Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Wed Jul 25 19:44:14 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:29:00PM +0300, Ohad Levy wrote:
> On 07/25/2012 09:59 PM, Chris Alfonso wrote:
> >Just want to clarify what you're suggesting.  We have an application and
> >set
> >of dependencies specifically built for image creation, launching, and
> >management (the aeolus suite).  The images are built, launched in multiple
> >cloud providers via deltacloud api.  The images are also configured via
> >audrey and config server.  Users are either managed in conductor, or
> >authenticated via externa ldap and a VM quota is allocated to a user.
> >
> >I may have read into your comment too far, but are you suggesting we
> >just do
> >all that with foreman?  Are you suggesting we throw out the features that
> >are currently in aeolus and just go with what foreman can do?  Are you
> >saying
> >we should develop those features into foreman?  Or are you saying something
> >entirely different that I missed?
>
> I was talking about Image creations (the part that you need to pass
> TDL in order to build a new image based on oz).
>
> I did not at any point in time said we need to throw out aeolus, nor
> did i try to imply it between the lines.

So to do image creation in Foreman, we would have to pull most of
Factory into the Foreman app, would we not? Or am I missing something?
There's a fair amount of logic in Factory that the Conductor app
depends on.

--Hugh

--
== Hugh Brock, hbrock at redhat.com                                   ==
== Engineering Manager, Cloud BU                                   ==

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
--Robert McCloskey