[katello-devel] Katello 1.0 highlights

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 13:37:24 UTC 2012

On 07/31/2012 09:26 AM, Miroslav Suchy wrote:
> On 31.7.2012 15:20, Jason Rist wrote:
>> Would it be worth just detailing everything?  This is the "initial"
>> release...
>
> So what is everything? I could not enumerate it. Can you help me? :)

Quick Summary:

Patch Management
-- Mirror content from external repositories into local Definitive
Software Library
-- Schedule recurring syncs of content
-- Manage the content through multiple environments
-- Use subscription model to associate content with machines which are
registered to environments.

System Management
-- Inventory of systems which are registered, including installed
software and system facts.
-- Assign subscriptions provided by Red Hat, and customer products.
-- Registration Macros with Activation Keys
-- Remote installation of packages over AMQP
-- System Grouping for Batch Processing

General
-- LDAP integration.
-- Python based CLI.