[katello-devel] API Documentation WIKI and branch

Tomas Strachota tstrachota at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 06:46:51 UTC 2012

On 06/06/2012 12:17 PM, Ivan Nečas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've written a short guide describing how the API doc tool works in
> Katello [1]: there should be all you need for start. There is also an
> exported version of the current (mostly autogenerated) documentation on
> wiki [2]. The documentation itself is in separate branch [3] right now.
> Please pick up your favorite API part and give the documentation some love.
>
> Once it's in stable state, we will merge the docs into master and
> continue to work there.
>
> [1] - https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/ApiDocHowto
> [2] - https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/ApiDocLatest
> [3] - https://github.com/Katello/katello/tree/restapi

I created a wikipage to support our documentation efforts [1]. It will
help with tracking who is working on what controller. It would be great
if everybody took one controller and found some time to document it.

There's also a short page with api conventions [2]. It's just a draft
with ideas we agreed upon earlier. Feel free to enhance it. We can use
these conventions to track found imperfections. There's a table for
listing them down in [1].

Tomas

[1] - https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/APIDocumentationEfforts
[2] - https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/APIConventions