[katello-devel] Nitty gritty UX feedback on System groups

Tom McKay thomasmckay at redhat.com
Fri Jun 22 11:11:32 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Slide 1:
+ "Just use simple numbers instead of the oval round" - Disagree. The oval style is an explicit indicator that hovering over it will bring up a "tipsy" with more information.

Slide 2:
+ "Should not use all caps for title." - This is consistent across the entire site for titles of tables. Why the change?

+ "Title too long." - If there's room, please retain verbose wording. A valid reason to reconsider might be if translations to primary supported languages cause wrapping of title.

Slide 3:
+ "Sub nav should be reconsidered." - Disagree. There are some panels that are very crowded (eg. Systems).

+ "Events under Details" - Agree. I believe Kyle(?) instigated the rule that Details always be the first tab with "Events History" under that. (eg. see Systems)

+ "Event detail should be more closely related to where the action takes place" - Don't understand. This table is the list of packages and package groups that are being installed, updated, or removed.

+ "Link to events page" - Agree. That would be nice. However, I am against having to go to another page to get details about something that can just as easily be shown inline (eg. through a tipsy). Our UI is not friendly in switching back and forth between pages at the moment.