[katello-devel] Nitty gritty UX feedback on System groups

Jason Rist jrist at redhat.com
Fri Jun 22 13:34:19 UTC 2012

On Fri 22 Jun 2012 05:11:32 AM MDT, Tom McKay wrote:

> [...]

I definitely have to agree with Tom on Slide 1.  I have this to add:
"Need to standardize how hover states look – Contact Kyle/ Harlan about
that. " - Why? One type of tipsy has help information (black) and one
contains expanded information about what you're hovering over (white).
This is established (packages) and common.

Agree with Tom on Slide 2 on both points. Why be terse when verbose is
so much more helpful and the difference is so minor?  Otherwise it's
more unclear and confusing, degrading the user experience.

Agree again with Tom on Events under Details.  What should be the
default (first showing upon panel expansion) page for this pane? I am
not sure that System Group Info or Events would be good/useful.

Slide 4:
"Group 1 title is getting cut off because of the way the package
install panel overlays on top. Need to adjust the spacing so there is
no clipping."
This should be a bug across the system, as it will impact everything
with a subpanel.

--
Jason E. Rist
Senior Software Engineer