[katello-devel] Katello-Foreman-Aeolus Integration

Chris Alfonso calfonso at redhat.com
Tue Jun 26 19:11:58 UTC 2012

There has been a bit of discussion going on around how we might go about using foreman's ability to do host provisioning with aeolus and katello.  I've published some of the notes from the discussions here:
http://etherpad-aeolusproject.rhcloud.com/p/Katello-Foreman-Aeolus-Integration-Summary
http://etherpad-aeolusproject.rhcloud.com/p/Katello-Foreman-Aeolus-Integration

The suggested end goal of this integration is:
1) Allow Katello to clone content, create a snapshot of the content (Content View).
2) Generate the data needed for an Oz template and store it with the Foreman HostGroups.
3) Allow Aeolus to provision guests *and* be able to use the Foreman capabilities around post-boot configuration.

If there are additional goals to this integration that I've overlooked and you know about them, please respond with your intel. Take a look at the use cases, and feel free to annotate or reply to this thread.

- Chris