[katello-devel] New pulp sync finish notification *PLEASE READ*

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Thu Mar 22 20:27:15 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I'm about to push a katello change that will require a configuration
modification for pulp as well as the newest pulp, 1.0.0-6.  New installs
will be configured properly, but any existing install or development
environment will need to be updated.

For any install pointing to apache, you'll need to add:

post_sync_url: https://localhost/katello/api/repositories/sync_complete

to the [server] section

If you are pointing to a manually running thin server, simply set the
port like:

[server]
post_sync_url: https://localhost:3000/katello/api/repositories/sync_complete

Essentially pulp will now hit this URL to trigger a delayed job that
will initiate some post sync actions on our side.  If this is not
configured properly you will not see content appear after a sync in the
UI, and errors/notifications will not  appear properly.

Also, only certain connections are allowed to hit this api.  Anything
through apache is required to be from localhost.  Anything directly to
the thin port is allowed.

Thanks,

-Justin