[katello-devel] Future feature RFC: Package Upload

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 11:18:08 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:14:03PM +0100, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> As our users are expected to have higher computer literacy, we could go
> for the "tar multiple files" approach. The only limit is the maximum
> file size, but we can hit this anytime.
>
> Just another tip how this could go. Btw for directory uploads there will
> be always cli a better alternative.

Ah already discussed in the thread ;-)

Yeah, I really hope every single admin (even Windows one) should be
able to zip or tar few files. If not, god forbid us!

For really large directories, cli should be used.

The question is how to upload really large directory from a windows
client. Maybe some "incoming" shared directory (we can provide a doco
how to setup samba or FTP) could be an option too.

 Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
 RHN Satellite Engineering
 Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno