[katello-devel] Code in lib dir now being reloaded in development mode

Ivan Nečas inecas at redhat.com
Thu May 17 09:38:13 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've done some refactoring in loading code dependencies from lib
directory. After moving ::Candlepin, ::Pulp, ::Foreman, ::CND into
Resources module Rails is able load them automagically without needing
to require the files explicitly. That means that it also reloads them
all at each request in development mode, making it easier to develop and
debug code.

So this mail has three messages:

1. you don't have to restart rails server in dev mode when making
changes in devel mode
2. you need to prefix Resources:: when calling resources code (which
kind of make sense and even newbee now should know where to search for
the code)
3. it does not affect production environment.

I hope you'll enjoy this change as I do :)

--
Ivan