[katello-devel] Bash completion file

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 11:30:03 UTC 2012

Guys,

we do have this file:

https://github.com/Katello/katello/blob/master/src/deploy/common/katello.completion.sh

and if you source it it helps you to complete katello cli commands even
in bash (shell does this automatically). When I created this, I was
playing around with various python cli parser solutions, but I found it
would be easiest just to have a simple bash generator, so I have written
one.

FYI this completion works automatically by default, it's dropped into
/etc/bash_completion.d and if you have bash-completion installed (in
Fedora/RHEL), it just works.

Unfortunately, this file was not updated for an year now. I would like
to ask our Python/CLI guru Mirek if he could review this and find some
better solution that would not require manual changes of the file.

If this is not feasible, we should go on and update the file. I already
put a new task onto the HowToReleaseKatello page to keep the update it
before branching.

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine