[katello-devel] Adding a dependency into Katello will be more strict now

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 12:24:18 UTC 2012

Hey,

operation "Katello PDF output" aka Ruport continues. It turns out that
the project depends on very old library which is not maintained for
years now. And it does not work on Ruby 1.9, we will need to find a
working fork.

Please BEFORE you start actually working on a feature, make sure all the
dependencies (including transitive ones) are fine. Check:

- project fitness
- packages for Fedora
- license (!)

If you will be working for a week on a feature based on wrong
dependency, that's not good.

Finally, me and Mirek WILL be refusing all pull requests that will bring
new dependency and there will not be a link into Koji with successful
build. Either Fedora or Katello Koji, depends if the author of the PR
will create his own package or the package will be available in Fedora.

If you need an advice, you can always reach out me, msuchy or even
vondruch would give you info how much work is it to get the dependency
into Fedora.

Thanks for understanding.

LZ

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal