[katello-devel] Foreman integration and Elastic search

Ohad Levy olevy at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 07:01:39 UTC 2012

On 11/26/2012 06:42 PM, Dmitri Dolguikh wrote:
> http://guides.rubyonrails.org/engines.html. In short, rails engine is a
> way to embed a slice of functionality into another rails application. If
> I understood this correctly, foreman team has actually started looking
> into this.

We are looking into it from the other way around, as community managed
plugins to add to foreman.

Hopefully there is no issue with a nested rails engines.

However, I'm not sure what is the difference between API and as a
mountable app, that we share the same db? (hopefully there are no
database table collisions).

Another option, if needed, is to create a foreman plugin for katello,
which knows in which scenarios ES needs to be updated, this would work
nicely with our planned plugin system, and would allow the katello team
to extend foreman when needed.

Ohad