[katello-devel] [mhrivnak at redhat.com: [Pulp-list] AMQP notification]

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 18:46:30 UTC 2012

On 11/05/2012 03:31 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I wonder if it make sense to use AMQP for Pulp->Katello communication.
> Currently we do use HTTS/REST, but we had issues with Katello being
> blocked some time ago. One of major messaging advantages is broker
> server keeps the messages in the queue so they are always delivered.
> Messaging is great for notification messages (fire-and-forget).
>
> LZ

I think we absolutely should move to AMQP in the long run.  In the short
run (as part of the pulpv2 stuff), I don't think its worth the time.  I
haven't seen any of the blockage that we originally saw in pulpv1 with
the Rest stuff, and it would take some time to get an AMQP client
configured, packaged, and running (and i think we have higher
priorities).  So maybe its something we should get on the backlog to do
that, but unless an issue pops up that would be solved by switching to
AMQP, I'd say we hold off for now.

-Justin