[katello-devel] Proposal: Feature Tracking and Release Planning

Tom McKay thomasmckay at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 14:24:57 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

The reason I am interested is that bugzilla does not handle cloning and cross-referencing of BZs well for our development model. By that I mean that there are four products in bugzilla to coordinate across: katello, headpin, CFSE, and SAM. If a community BZ is opened in katello, we need to clone it into CFSE and SAM. At that point it gets flags and keywords, someone gets assigned to it, etc. All these actions on one of the copies of the BZ are not reflected in the related BZs. Nor are the changes readily visible in the others.

My idea is to make a bugzilla dashboard with a table where a row represents a specific issue. Columns in the table would represent that issue in the various places (SAM, CFSE, katello, headpin). This would allow easy editing of flags and ways to note when a BZ in one product changes that should also change in the other product. The columns could link back to not only bugzilla but also github issues.