[katello-devel] Setting up a Dev Environment

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 21:28:15 UTC 2012

Today, I got a dev environment up and running per the steps at [1]. I
ran into the following issue. Please let me know where I should bugs, or
who I should hit. Thanks!

Candlepin Password
============
When running:

./script/katello-reset-dbs development ~/path/to/katello/git/checkout/src/

I get output which is at [2]. Per Brad, I think this means that cpsetup
needs to support a password? I ended up using katello-configure
--reset-data=YES

Missing Gems
========
I was missing the parallel_tests and libv8 gems. I tried downloading
katello-devel-all but that did not help. I finally did a bundle install.
There appeared to be an rpm for the former, but not for the latter.

SSL
==
There appears to be no help on accessing katello via SSL. Should we add
either starting thin on port 5000, or editing the apache conf file?

-- bk

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/DevelopmentSetup
[2] http://pastebin.test.redhat.com/116640