[katello-devel] Apipie and validation.

Dmitri Dolguikh dmitri at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 17:47:10 UTC 2012

Apipie performs some of the validation on the server-side.

I'll put aside the issue of whether a documention tool should
participate in determining validity of passed-in parameters. The issue
is that it either duplicates validators of the underlying model, or
overly constraints the parameters (in other words, a valid
ActiveModel/ActiveResource object is considered can be rendered invalid
by Apipie validators). Case in point:

an update operation for ConfigTemplate fails because
template_combination_attributes is null.

Can we please remove validation from apipie, and rely on Rails for that?

-d