[katello-devel] Summary: Katello slow tests

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 07:32:10 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 07:16:37PM +0200, Miroslav Suchy wrote:
> On 12.10.2012 17:45, Dmitri Dolguikh wrote:
> >In some test suites time spent on db operations amounts to high 40-ties
> >of total test run time. Tests in spec/models have no clear separation
> >between model and glue-layer tests, besides context changes.
> >

> >Some areas of improvement:
>
> * Add indexes to speed up slow queries.

Mirek, in our tests indexes would actually slower things down. We do
have tens of records max in each test. Indexes does not help at all, in
fact DB systems do not use them when there are less records than
hundreds practically slowing down inserts...

I totally agree we need to optimize indexes for production users.

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine