[katello-devel] Tried to install from https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/DevelopmentSetup

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 19:22:34 UTC 2012

Some notes. Let me know if I should uddate or add bugs:

1)
http://fedorapeople.org/groups/katello/releases/yum/1.0/Fedora/16/x86_64/katello-repos-latest.rpm
does not exist. I used the current released one from 1.1

2) I had a /bundler/config sitting around which turned off the
development group. I noticed that redcarpet and js-routes were not
installed. Would a ruby person have known this?

3) The install instruction talk about port 3000, but I believe that will
mean subscription manager will not work. Should we update it to go
throuhg httpd?

4) I had to set use_foreman to false or I would get a can not connect
error. Should foreman be working?

-- bk