[katello-devel] Pulp warning: Unsupported characters for Yum

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 09:02:07 UTC 2012

Hey,

during pulp migration I can see this warning:

ID for repositories [] contains characters which are not supported by
Yum as a repository title in a '.repo' file.
Because of this, you may see an error when installing a package from
these repositories on a consumer. You can either
manually update consumer's .repo file to update title, or delete and
create a new repository that follows new ID restriction.
Repository ID may now contain only numbers(0-9), upper and lower case
letters(A-Z, a-z), hyphens(-), underscore(_) and periods(.)

What is our strategy for CFSE here (particulary 1.0 to 1.1)? Should we
make a doco bug? What is the recommended approach? Does
subscription-manager takes care of it automatically?

Just a couple of questions.

LZ

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine