[katello-devel] Fwd: [Pulp-list] i18n input

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 12:33:50 UTC 2012

On 10/03/2012 08:21 AM, James Bowes wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 04:43:07PM -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
>> Comments?
>
> rpm enforces no such restriction, so you can look forward to enjoying
> changelog entries encoded in Big5 and other esoteric formats. You can
> probably borrow some code from yum for trying to convert those, and
> falling back to a missing char symbol or '?' if not.
>
> Is it safe to assume pulp will gain i18n/l10n shortly, too?

Depends on what you mean.

This conversation has been around handling data, but from the server
standpoint there are very few places we're returning anything
user-facing. So from the perspective of a REST API caller they are
largely just getting data back and an exception structure to indicate
what went wrong, they can do as they wish.

 From the CLI, support is mostly there as well. There are probably
places we haven't run through gettext, but those are minimal at this
point. We haven't started pulling together translations yet though.

>> -- bk

Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp