[katello-devel] [stahnma at puppetlabs.com: Fixing Puppet inFedora/EPEL]

Innes, Duncan Duncan.Innes at virginmoney.com
Tue Oct 23 13:18:14 UTC 2012

> On Behalf Of Ohad Levy
> Sent: 23 October 2012 10:31
>
> On 10/23/2012 09:35 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> > My proposal would be the following:
> > * Move EPEL 6, Fedora >= 17 to use Puppet 3.0.
> I would vote against it, 3.0 is not stable at all, and requires
manifest code
> change (as stated) i would wait until 3.0 is stable before pushing
that.
How unstable is Puppet 3.0 really?  I'm not criticising, but I just
hadn't seen any
big problems with it.  Katello might be at 1.1 now, but is really aiming
at maturity
and widespread stability further down the road surely?
Should integration of Puppet 3.0 not be looked at now rather than
delaying the pain
for another day?
> > * Move EPEL 5 to the latest 2.7.x branch.  This is the last branch
of
> > Puppet that supports Ruby 1.8.5, and works with 3.0 masters.
> +1 for 2.7.x in both EPEL 5,6 fedora might make sense for
> puppet 3 (but has the potinial of crashing as clients needs to be
equal
> or older to the master).
I don't have any great say, but I'd vote to get functionality in sooner
rather than
later

> Ohad

This e-mail is intended to be confidential to the recipient. If you receive a copy in error, please inform the sender and then delete this message.

Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company no. 6952311). Registered office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

The following companies also trade as Virgin Money and are registered in England and Wales and have their registered office at Discovery House, Whiting Road, Norwich NR4 6EJ:

Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Limited (Company no. 3072766) and Virgin Money Unit Trust Managers Limited (Company no. 3000482) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Virgin Money Cards Limited (Company no. 4232392) is introducer appointed representative only of Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Limited.

For further details of Virgin Money group companies please visit our website at virginmoney.com