[katello-devel] Merging and Pulling with no wait

Jeff Weiss jweiss at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 18:32:34 UTC 2012

We did have a lengthy and productive discussion related to this problem at the QE Summit in Brno last week.

I think the major takeaway from that is, we want automated tests running on changes BEFORE they hit master, not only after.

So what we'll be working towards is some system whereby Pull Requests are tested, and some kind of feedback of the automated test results will be posted to the PR comments.

This process should take less than 1 hour after the PR is submitted.  I was planning on using Jenkins, since aside from the PR interaction, the steps are exactly the same as what we do for master today:

1) build rpms from the commit we want to test
2) Install them on fresh vm
3) Run automation against vm

We just need to add
0) Monitor PR's