[katello-devel] Content view filter logic

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 19:51:07 UTC 2012

Here are my notes from today's meeting. Please review them and let me know what you all think and then I'll add them to the content view page on the wiki.

1. a. If there is no include filter (aka whitelist filter), everything is included.
   b. If there are no include filters and only exclude filters (aka blacklist filters), those exclude filters then run on all packages/errata.

2. If there is an include filter (aka whitelist) then only the packages/errata included will get included. Everything else is thus excluded.

3. If there are include and exclude filters, the exclude filters take presidence. That is to say the include filters get processed first, then the exclude filter excludes content from the set included by the include filters.

Thanks!

David