[katello-devel] Checking in Gemfile.lock files

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 09:15:54 UTC 2012

> I think we should add some new files to the project:
>
> src/gemfiles/Gemfilef16.lock
> src/gemfiles/Gemfilef17.lock
> src/gemfiles/Gemfilerhel6.lock

In the pull request I see this:

 src/gemfiles/Gemfile.lock
 src/gemfiles/Gemfilef16.lock
 src/gemfiles/Gemfilerhel6.lock

I like what you propose in this mail rather than having "generic" one in
that directory. I mean, instead Gemfile.lock I would expect
Gemfilef17.lock.

Also I vote for different pattern - something like Gemfile.f17.lock
which is more readable.

> 3. People don't have to use it if they don't want to, the project won't be shipped with a lock file by default, etc.
> 4. This helps to support different systems and there is a place in the project where I can check to see what gem version a system is using.

Please make sure you build RPM and katello is installable and runnable.
It should not be problem, I believe we do not distribute the lock file.

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine