[katello-devel] Running katello-configure after katello-upgrade

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 14:41:56 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:18:15AM -0400, Og Maciel wrote:
> If I understood this correctly we would be asking the user to perform all those 4 steps (or 3: 1, 3 and 4?) for an upgrade AND the last one to run katello-configure again with the answer-file option?  If this is the case, all I have to say is that this feels extremely flaky and not "enterpris-y" at all imnsho. I should have to yum update katello-* && katello-upgrade and walk away. When I come back, it should all be working (or point me to a log if something failed).

Please see my review to see what we need to implement manually using
sed, bash and other various scripts.

Or we can just run Puppet to do it for us.

No matter how it looks like, it is fairly effective to use Puppet for
that.

By the way we can create a script in katello-upgrade that would call
katello-configure automatically of course. That is the plan.

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine