[katello-devel] qpid woes

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 13:48:20 UTC 2012

On 09/04/2012 09:27 AM, David Davis wrote:
> I ran yum update yesterday and now it looks like it maybe broke my
> katello install. It looks like it upgraded qpid from 0.16-3 to 0.16-5.
> Here's a console log of my problems:
>
> https://gist.github.com/b223ddcaae4912271e92
>
> I did some other things to setup yesterday as well so I can't say
> definitively that it was the qpid update. I'm wondering if anyone else
> is having similar problems with qpid 0.16-5?
>
> Thanks.
>
> David

partha hit this on friday i believe.   For some reason from 0.16.3 to
0.16.5 fedora split the qpid daemon init script into its own rpm
(qpid-cpp-server-daemon).

So you can either downgrade to 0.16.3 or install
qpid-cpp-server-daemon.   We had mentioned it to the pulp guys, but I'm
not sure if a bz was ever filed.  I'll verify that.

-Justin