[katello-devel] Our bootstrap script and goferd

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 06:38:49 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:22:24PM -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> >One thing we will probably need is to worry more about multiple
> >organizations, whether that be generating a new bootstrap script for
> >each org, or allowing the user to easily generate one for his org to use.
> >

> added the notes to the story.

Again, in our case this is the perfect task for Foreman provisioning
templates. You define it once (with variables like $organization) and it
will be generated unique for each system (or system group or
organization).

I think there is a place for both RPM and bootstrap script. It's not
definitely good to get rid of the RPM, while it make perfect sense to
deliver the certificate in an RPM.

LZ

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine