[katello-devel] Our bootstrap script and goferd

Eric Sammons esammons at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 16:26:46 UTC 2012

---- Original Message -----
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 08:47:40AM -0400, Eric Sammons wrote:
> > We would need both if we went the foreman route because SAM does
> > not
> > have / use foreman.  With this in mind the current rpm works well
> > for
> > easing the setup of SAM consumers.
>
> Good point, but I still think it's better NOT to have the whole
> bootstrap in a post RPM section. It can be huge and users might need
> change it.ho
>
> Therefore I am for RPM for certificate and rhsm configuration + shell
> script for bootstrapping.

+1, I agree that a bootstrap script would probably provide greater flexibility to our more savvy customers.  _Perhaps_ the rpm should contain the bootstrap script along with the certificates so the customers only need to do one wget or curl call, run install, certs are installed at this point and now they just run (edit and run) the bootstrap.sh and they're on their way.

Thoughts?

--Eric