[katello-devel] time in date during sync plan creation

Dmitri Dolguikh dmitri at redhat.com
Wed Sep 12 12:56:27 UTC 2012

On 12/09/12 01:45 PM, Jason Rist wrote:
> On Wed 12 Sep 2012 05:30:29 AM MDT, Dmitri Dolguikh wrote:
>> Hey everybody,
>>
>> Came across of this bit of code in SyncPlansController#convert_date_time:
>>
>>      sync_event = date + ' ' + time + ' '  + DateTime.now.zone
>>
>> We cannot assume that the server and the client reside in the same
>> timezone - the end result of this is the client has no idea when (or
>> what day for that matter) the sync is going to be executed. We
>> probably have a similar issue when showing the times too (haven't
>> checked).
>>
>> Timezone information has to come from the client. When showing time
>> back to the client, we either: have to convert it to their time zone,
>> or show it relative to UTC.
>>
>> Should I add a story to the backlog for this?
>>
>> -d

> Did you mean to send this twice? :)
Wasn't sure if I had a problem with my client - I now think smtp server
was having issues, so the mail didn't get processed instantaneously,
like I'm used to. False alarm.

> I think I'd consider this a bug.
It is, but I'd rather put on the backlog, as it's a little involved. It
also involves checking how the time is being handled in other places.

> Good find!
>
> -J
>
> --
> Jason E. Rist