[katello-devel] Pulpv2 migration, displaying/tracking dependencies important?

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 22:00:32 UTC 2012

Pulpv2's depedency solving is much better and automatic than what we had
in pulpv1.  It does not, however, provide a way to easily pre-calculate
what packages were added as dependencies (or determine that after the
fact).

Within katello today we pre-calcuate these ourselves (with pulp's help)
and save them.  This allows us to:

1. display them to the user prior to hitting promote
2. have the added dependencies available in the changeset history for
historical purposes.

Currently pulpv2 does not provide a way to do either of these.  How
important are these two things?

I'm thinking that #1 would be difficult to implement as pulpv2 is now,
but I'm not sure about #2 (jdob might be able to chime in).   Mike and I
were thinking of simply dropping these two things from katello but
wanted to get wider input.

-Justin