[katello-devel] Two usability points

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Fri Sep 21 08:18:32 UTC 2012

When I was testing disconnected today, I hit two (*) minor usability issues:

1) When importing a manifest via the CLI, we do:

kk provider import_manifest --name "Red Hat" --file xyz.zip --org ACME

Since we only have one "Red Hat" manifest which is called "Red Hat",
maybe it's the time to move the subcommand to org:

kk organization import_manifest --name ACME --file xyz.zip

Or maybe somewhere else, the main goal is to get rid of the extra option
--name "Red Hat".

2) I have imported many repositories and I wanted to enable them all
in the UI. In the sync management I am able to do Expand All, Select
All, but I dont see this on the repositories page. Bug?

3) I am not able to change Red Hat provider URL in the UI. At least I
did not find it after 2 minutes of clicking :-) That said, disconnected
users will have to use CLI for changing it, which is not big deal.

(*) - Damn I always write a number and than expand the list. Ignore it,
I can count :-)

LZ

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine