[katello-devel] LDAP Authentication in Katello

James Labocki jlabocki at redhat.com
Fri Sep 21 20:45:13 UTC 2012

I am attempting to get LDAP authentication with katello working.

I changed the default /etc/katello/katello.yml to have the following:

common:

  warden:  ldap
  ldap_roles: true

I changed the default /etc/ldap_fluff.yml to have the following:

---
host: rhc-idm.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com
port: 389
encryption:
base_dn: dc=lab,dc=eng,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com
group_base: cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=lab,dc=eng,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com
server_type: :free_ipa
service_user: uid=admin,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=lab,dc=eng,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com
service_pass: mypassword
anon_queries: false
ad_domain:

When I restart the katello service I am unable to login using my local or ldap user. I receive the following error message:

"You have entered an incorrect username/password combination, or your account may currently be disabled. Please try again or contact your administrator."

I am able to bind to the directory server with the following command:

ldapsearch -D "uid=admin,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=lab,dc=eng,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com" -w mypassword -p 389 -h rhc-idm.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com -b "dc=lab,dc=eng,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com"

What am I doing wrong?

-James
m: 440.503.9996