[katello-devel] ActiveResource-based Foreman client in Katello

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 12:44:42 UTC 2012

On 09/25/2012 01:31 PM, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> On 09/24/2012 10:01 AM, Dmitri Dolguikh wrote:
>> On 24/09/12 01:11 PM, Bryan Kearney wrote:
>>> So.. did we come to a resolution on this yet?
>>>
>>> -- bk
>>
>> I think four people voiced their opinions so far? It's equally divided
>> atm, unless someone changed their mind?
>> -d
> ok.. everyone please weigh in. Thanks.

Both seems equal for me. So I take different look.

ActiveResources were part of rails. Now they are standalone. And it
seems there were discussion year even trying to figure who is maintainer.
There are even pull request 3-6 months old. One even without any comment.
This does not convince me that ActiveResource is mature library.

So I slightly prefer foreman_architecture way.

I would change my mind if at least on of us will be allowed to regularly
work on and contribute to ActiveResource upstream.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Systems Management Engineering