[katello-devel] RFC: Strategy for Importing Data from Spacewalk

James Labocki jlabocki at redhat.com
Fri Sep 28 19:59:17 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Could we enable direct import to the katello API through a command line switch and still allow for export/import to be two separate processes? For users who just want to straight migrate we could make it one-step instead of two I think it would resonate. I also think it would make us have some strict discipline to what is supported for migrations because it would need to work through the tool.

"In just one simple command you can move your stuff from Satellite to Katello". I guess that's why they slapped marketing in my title. ;)