[katello-devel] Katello on F18 Status

Eric D Helms ericdhelms at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 21:30:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Marek Hulan <mhulan at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 of April 2013 10:12:24 Marek Hulan wrote:
> > On Tuesday 09 of April 2013 15:44:21 Eric D Helms wrote:
> > > With the Foreman work and delayed_jobs code updates Fedora 18 builds
> are
> > > almost up and running.  Currently, I am seeing an error during
> > > katello-configure whenever Katello's db_seed attempts to run and
> getting a
> > > 401 unauthorized from Foreman without any other obvious errors.  Could
> > > someone with more knowledge of Foreman try an F18 installation and see
> if
> > > anything stands out to them?
> > >
> > > -Eric
> >
> > I'll install F18 and will try to find out what's wrong.
>
> I found the cause with help from Ivan (thanks!). There's old version of
> oauth
> (0.4.4) gem in F18 and although we have newer build in katello thirdparty
> (0.4.6) we don't specify it in comps files so it's not in our
> repositories. For
> RHEL we use even more recent (0.4.7).
>
> I'll first update oauth gem to 0.4.7 in katello thirdparty to have the same
> version as we use for RHEL, then I'll add to comps files. Should be fixed
> today.

Thanks for looking into this and finding the problem.  The Fedora 18 builds
in our Koji that rely on rubygems-devel are having version mismatch issues
due to what appears to be a missing package.  I've pinged Jan Blazek about
this to see if the issue can be flushed out in the morning so we can get
that package built and mashed out to the F18 nightly repos.  This should
hopefully be the last blocker on the road to F18.

- Eric